Subscribe Twitter

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mood Music Moment: Hey Lover



By Judah
This weeks Mood Music Mood is by LL Cool J’s “Hey Lover.”  I was on Facebook the other day talking to some friends about differences in how a child of the 90’s would approach talking to a girl he liked, as opposed to a child in 2011.  In the 90’s there was no Facebook or texting, and fewer chat rooms, so everything was face-to-face contact.  Today, a kid doesn’t have to worry about butterflies or having a clean haircut, or even fresh breath...  he can do all of his game spitting via the world wide web.  I personally think approaching a girl face-to-face builds character and allows kids to develop social skills.  

LL Cool J’s “Hey Lover” was my theme song for when I was macking to my crush in elementary school.  I would play this song when I wanted to hype myself up and get into the mood.  The song comes from his last critically acclaimed album, “Mr. Smith.”  He isn’t what he used to be, but one can always reminisce at his greatness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment